Women Self Defense Seminar
Regular Price: $ 84.00 -
||13 East 37th Street, Suite 5R, New York, NY, 10016
About Women Self Defense Seminar
Instructor: Albert Timen
Why take this class?
Because violence against women and girls is one of the most widespread violations of human rights. Sexual assault, domestic violence, stalking; the violence cuts across all boundaries of age, race, and culture. Anyone can be targeted.
We will teach you how to protect yourself against violent attacks that may occur in almost any modern-day scenario. Most importantly, we will help you increase your situational awareness and tactical reasoning in order to avoid dangerous situations.
Every two and a half minutes, somewhere in America, someone is sexually assaulted. Women are the primary victims of rape, and 9 out o 10 rape victims were female in
Our Women's Self Defense Seminar is designed to enable you to successfully protect yourself in case of an attack.
This is a streamlined version of KAPAP ACADEMY's Self Defense and Personal Protection program that includes the use of the tactical flashlight - a legally carried tool applicable for self defense use. You will potentially end the encounter faster because you now have an impact tool, force multiplier and a visual impairment device. Because of these reasons, you only need a down to earth, realistic, pragmatic and to the point program that will cover the essentials.
We will teach you:
- Situational Awareness - What it is, and how does it help us?
- How to identify a danger signs and body language
- How to handle violent street confrontation
- Understanding the Startle response reflex and converting into a tactical reaction
- Biomechanical advantage using posture & structural integrity
- How to use the Tactical Flashlight as a force multiplier
- Scenario drills
We will also cover:
In the end of this workshop you will leave with more confidence and knowledge in handling and protecting yourself in potentially violent confrontations.
How is the workshop conducted?
With a maximum class size of 20, you will learn and try the basics in pairs and in groups led by the Instructor demonstration.
Note: The Tactical Flashlight is yours to keep at the end of the course!
Instructor: Albert Timen
- Punches & Strikes
- Escapes from Grabs and holds
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU TO CLASS
Please be advised that CHECK IN will start 15 MINUTES PRIOR to class start time, you will not be permitted into the building or upstairs in the classroom until that time. (For example: If class starts at 9am, you will start to get checked in at 8:45am) Please schedule travel time accordingly.
- A picture ID (Any Government issued photo ID or School ID) *For everyone coming in for an 8 Hour Annual, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR SECURITY LICENSE WITH YOU*
- Social Security Number ( If you do not know it by heart, please write it down or bring your physical card)
- A COPY of your Payment receipt, if you paid online (If you do not have a printer, please have it accessible via email on your cell phone. If you are paying in person, we accept CASH, MONEY ORDER, DEBIT/CREDIT)
- Pen and a notebook (paper) for notes
We require ALL students to be on time for their scheduled class. ANY student who is late to class, will be refused entry to the classroom.